Pages

Saturday 31 January 2015

The Band With One Of The Longest Names Ever

And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead.

Seriously; that is such a great name.

I was force fed this band by an old co-worker of mine. He claimed that they were one of the greatest bands that ever existed. I initially claimed he was mad. At the end of the day, we were both right.

He showed me the album "Source Tags and Codes" and I was immediately enamoured by the trashing cacophony that faced me. There was something broken about it. There was something wrong. From the way the album started to how the album finished, there was not a track that I did not love.

I thought that maybe this band from Texas may be a one-trick-pony, so I gave "Worlds Apart" a try. I was pleased to find SOMETHING I was far from enjoying by this band. Both to my chagrin and my pleasure, it was just the one album. Everything else that has been released by this troupe is great.

Short update. Just because I have nothing else to say, in a good way. This band is very VERY important to me, and I am very happy that they are back in my vocabulary. The album "Lost Songs" is just as good as the self titled debut. Do yourself a favour, and listen to this band. Let me know what you think. I have so many great things to say about this band.

No comments:

Post a Comment