Pages

Monday 5 January 2015

Trip Hop

Beast is a strange horse: first off, they combine industrial music with rap and pop to create this very elaborate, yet strange, concoction that leaves the listener wanting more. Two, they are not a horse. They are a two piece from Montreal. Fancy.

Beast are unabashedly Christian in their writing. I would harp on them for that, but they really do not come off as preachy. Instead, they feel like they honestly believe what they are speaking about. They seem to acknowledge the fact that parts of their belief facade is fucked up and out dated. I honestly do not know what it is about this album I like so much, but I listen to it very often. Some would say, too much. Thus, why it made the list. That and, well, I really do feel like more people should know of this group.

No comments:

Post a Comment