Pages

Tuesday 3 February 2015

Things That I Do Not Know What To Say

I really do think that I love every album I write about. My list involves the following several musical ventures.

Attack In Black -- Years (Counted By Fingertips)
When a punk band does folk. One of my favourite albums of all time. It has the classiness of folk, with the grit of punk.




Battles -- Mirrored
What is possible with music. Everything that is done on this album is wrong in the right way.




The Blood Brothers -- Crimes
The most abrasive vocal patters I can handle. The lyrics are brilliant and poignant.



Broken Bells -- Broken Bells
Old school sounding with new ideas. This is the singer of The Shins trying something fantastic and new.



Cat Power -- The Greatest
The most depressing album that you will ever find. So good.



Death Cab For Cutie -- Transatlanticism
I have great pride that I spelt the name of this album right without looking! Seriously; everyone should know this album. There is nothing inharently amazing, but I really enjoy the general groove and feeling it evokes. It also reminds me of my old co-worker, Esra. Remember that show in Toronto on the island? Stars sucked.



The Dillinger Escape Plan -- Miss Machine
I am proud to say that I can drum every song on this album. It took a lot of work, but it was so much fun.



Gang Of Four -- Entertainment
I remember finding the song Natural's Not In It at work one day. It was one of the best days of my life.



How To Destroy Angels -- How To Destroy Angels
Everything Nine Inch Nails but different enough that you can listen to it and The Fragile back to back without feeling off about it. The Space Between holds the honour of being one of my favourite songs of all time AND one of my favourite videos. Good show.



Norma Jean -- O' God, The Aftermath
One of the heaviest things I have ever listened to. Just move past the Christian overtones if you are not into that kind of thing.



Placebo -- Without You I'm Nothing
I have nothing to say about this album. It is just so fucking good, you have to listen to it, if you have not already.



Said The Whale -- Howe Sounds/Taking Abalonia
Canadiana Goodness. Seriously, this is one of the coolest albums I have ever come across. I am a sucker for any band that can randomly pull off a four part harmony in the middle of just being a boss.



Sloan -- Navy Blues
ALL THE NINETIES CANADIANA BANDS! AHAHAHHAHAHAHA



The Weakerthans -- Reconstruction Site
I have tried to write so many things about this album. It is incredibly important to the way I view life and to the person I try to be. Giant plus: It has a song about a cat asking his owner to be less of a sad-sack.
A CAT. TELLING HIS OWNER TO BE LESS OF A SAD-SACK. Seriously: So BRILLIANT!

And so ends another rambling. Can you tell that I am growing bored of this playlist? Just another day of listening, and the remaining are albums I am very excited about. Enjoy your day. Thank you for reading!


Please remember to send in questions you would like answered. I have started another blog (I will have linkage soon) and I will run out of stories without having direction very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment