Pages

Friday 13 February 2015

Final for Now.

So, like I stated last week, I will not complete my top listened to CDS. I still have about 1.3 days worth to go through, and I am ready to a change. However, I do wish to bring 3 of my favourites to the forefront.

I will try not to gush too much. These are, after all, some of my favourite albums of all time.

DREDG -- LEIMOTIF
Way too jazzy for life at times, and always full of great crescendos, Dredg came into the world swinging. It is almost if U2 did not suck. The vocals are varied and different, the guitar is not too jangly, the bass (may he RIP) is truly the best use of bass ever, and the drums are tight as hell. The album toys with a Middle Eastern feeling and mixes it with metal.

65DAYSOFSTATIC -- ONE FOR ALL TIME
Instrumental gold. Everything this album does is fantastic. It opens with a song that fluctuates tempo every note and ends with a finally that begs for a repeat. I picked this album up from work one day when I was feeling experimental. Since then, I have showed it to MANY of my friends because I feel like it is important. It has words without having words. It lets you experience every bit of it without telling you how to feel. It literally made me question everything I knew about life and music. It has changed my perception of sound, orchestration, and everything. I hate that I am so vague in my description and so bold at the same time. I have a very hard time explaining how much this album means to me and how much it has changed everything.

WINTERSLEEP -- UNTITLED
Big surprise, I know. This album combines ridiculously depressing lyrical concepts with some of the most beautiful music you will ever hear. The drumming sounds simple, but is really amazing and huge. I cannot say enough good about this album. I am listening to it right now to try to find something nice to say, but all that comes to mind is "blahhhhhh good music blahhhhhh".

Okay, I'm done talking about albums that are old as fuck now. Only things I have recently picked up and video games from now on. I hope you have not minded this voyage this venture through my musical history and library that we have just gone through.
Little reminder that I will update my other blog about what I have been through on the second day of every month. Updates here will be random, but mighty. Tumblr is full of random bull shit. Usually things and stuff. Occasionally things I probably should not put on the internet. Links to everything on the right. I'm waaaaaaay too lazy to try too find all the proper URLs right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment