Pages

Thursday 4 December 2014

Honorable Mentions

To quote one of my favourite Maximo Park songs: "THAT'S ENOUGH! I can't take anymore..." By that, I mean I wont do all 40 reviews I had lined up. I will still do most of them, but I am going to do a quick one-line "buy this record" sort of thing. Or, links to reviews in the past.

QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE- SONGS FOR THE DEAF
The drumming on this album is really cool. The song writing is varied and unique. It also has some of the most inappropriate lines hidden in the madness.



JIM GUTHRIE- SWORD AND SWORCERY LP | THE BALLAD OF THE SPACE BABIES
I consider this one of the great video game soundtracks and one of the greatest soundscape records of all time. It could be used as a hip hop backtrack or it is just something great to put on in the background. It doesn't help that is also belongs to one of the greatest indi games ever made. I may be biased.



MILIEU - EUFLORIA
Great ambient electronica. Four discs worth of greatness. I really don't have the time to listen to all of this, but fuck, it is so good.



PROTEST THE HERO - KEZIA
By far, one of the most technical albums that ever existed. It is my favourite that this band has produced, as well as a great time on drums. I enjoyed many hours trying to learn "Blindfolds Aside."


U.N.K.L.E. - PSYENCE FICTION
I feel like this may be one of the greatest electro/hip hop albums that have ever existed. Unfortunately, I no longer have this album in my library. I say unfortunately, but it's probably for the sanity of everyone around me. I would not stop playing it.

This took forever to find.


WEEN - QUEBEC
The only reason I have this album in a short review form is because I don't know how to have one opinion for such a diverse album. I can't decide whether I take this band seriously or not, but damn this album is cool.


SILVERSUN PICKUPS - CARVANUS
Basically, they want to be the Smashing Pumpkins. It is okay, though, because this album is still fantastic. It has the same drive that has been missing from rock for years.



SAMSARIS - ST
I already did this. I will say that everyone should look into this album.



THE CURE - KISS ME KISS ME KISS ME
80's alternative punk. Such a fantastic snapshot of the era.


That is all you get this time. I'll do a proper review next week. Until then, I wish thee farewell and much love!
Let me know some how if you have checked out an album I have written about! I would like to hear your opinion and I thrive on discussion!

No comments:

Post a Comment