Pages

Monday 8 December 2014

Maximo Park

Hello hello hello and blah blah blah blah blah...

HI THERE! Enough of being strange: on with the review!
This post, I want to talk about an album I have literally listened to too often for a few of my friends and my entire family.
Maximo Park || A Certain Trigger
It is a pop/rock album. I was trying to figure out some other description for it, but that is what it is. It is pop the same way The Arctic Monkey's are pop: inappropriately. The story goes as follows: There was a band. They were looking for a singer. As they were giving up, a mutual friend of theirs got fucking LOADED and started singing Bohemian Rhapsody at the bar they frequented. Later that night, or maybe the day after when he slept off the alcohol, they asked him to give it a go as front man. Fuck me sideways, it was a good choice.
There is something refreshing about his lyrics: It almost feels like there is a story being told. Nothing else really stands out, but that can be good at times. I know that I listen to a plethora of bands who all have one person at a focal point. It is nice to not have to deal with that for once.
At the end of the day, this album is host to at least one of my favourite songs. Potentially two. Not entirely sure.



(As you watch this, picture me thrashing about. That will guarantee the full experience)

No comments:

Post a Comment