Pages

Friday 12 December 2014

Bibio

I was talking about this tirade of updates I am doing with my girlfriend the other day. I was stumped on whether I should do my next piece... Yeah: piece... on something everyone knows, or if I should do something a bit more obscure, or if I should do another mass update with five short reviews, to cut my list down a chunk again. I think I have come to a decision to do Ambivalence Avenue by Bibio, simply because I feel like it perfectly encapsulates a big part of my life. How I was, how I am, and how I will be again.

A few of my friends know this album best as "The CD I Was Always Playing Whenever I drove Anywhere." I listen to this album A LOT. I find it rather haunting in all the right ways. Some tracks are folk. They tend to be the tracks that more closely resemble contemporary music lyrically and they also tend to be very short. The acception is the song Lovers Cravings with its runtime coming just shy of four minutes. My personal favourite is the track Sugarette because it plays with being dub step from almost an ironic angle.

This an electro album, clean and simple. I really can't recommend this album highly enough.



Every song is great. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment