Pages

Friday 19 July 2013

My Friends Are Talented.

Wednesday was a night filled with so much awesome I can barely contain my excitement! I will, though. Just for one paragraph.

I was sent home from work early both Wednesday and Friday (which is the day I am writing this) with severe stomach pains. I mention this because I was able to do some research into new bands, new games, and new ways to lie in a bed so that pressure is equally distributed throughout a body. I discovered that Civilization Five is, though broken, fucking awesome. Any game that lets you build a society close to how you wish society was built and then DESTROY EVERYONE is fantastic in my books. It doesn't quite live up to how fantastic Black and White was, but it can get pretty close.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH fuckit. Let's talk about Wednesday evening!

After I finally woke up around 7:45 PM, I remembered that Lambs was playing with Slender Loris down the street from where I live. With the pain at the lowest it had been for days, I decided that I would make the trek and, maybe, have a beer. Though I did not actually have that beer, I did see one of the best shows I have been to in a while.

The Creative Cup is located on King Street in the Preston district of Cambridge. What it lacks in capacity, it makes up for in being rad! Local art plasters the walls. They have a great spread of both food and drink. They music that they have playing is diverse but never really annoying. To top off all of these awesome things, the shelves are littered with excellent literature. If you ever just want to go grab a drink and spend some time alone, I feel like this may be the ultimate place for such activity.

Lambs put on an excellent set full of beards and sex. Just prior to the show, I had been listening to their self produced New EP, which is really awesome. Though I never doubted the talent of a single member of that band, it was still amazing to watch them pull it all of without a hitch. They were so tight, you would think that this band was their full time job. I have already splooged all about this band in a prior post (which was riddled with horrible grammar), so a link for what they sound like will be enough. Just know that if you EVER have the chance, you need to see this band.

Slender Loris was the happiest I had been in a while. It was original, loud, and angry as fuck. Along with a CD, they also had a cassette and other merch. I write good reviews. Joking aside, they reminded me of a punk scene long dead in this area. Everything from the attitude to the broken patch chords just screamed happy reminders from days long past. If this band plays within an hour of me, I will be there. And you should be to!**

**I may be willing to drive. Just saying

The other two bands were both fantastic. The Flying Lenins were filling in for the beautiful Binary Forrest with Russian versions of the songs. I swear that I have seen them somewhere before. Maybe they just go to all of the BF shows. The 'Rents are another fantastic band from Cambridge. I am rather embarrassed to admit that I sat outside through their set. By that time, my ears were starting to loose the 5 or so frequencies I have left. I could hear and see them fine, however. They put on a great stage show and their sound was clean and clear and beautiful.

That is all I have. Check out the conversation between my friend Aly and I if you are interested in reading more about what we have going on. Basically, it's conversations about random trivia points and I think what she is up to is fascinating.

ALSO!


I have a gig with my new band CHANCE PROCEDURES on Friday, July 26th at 8:30PM. Cover is $5 and it's at that Creative Cup place I keep talking about. Please come out, it would mean the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment