Pages

Sunday 7 July 2013

A nice distraction.

I'm having a horrible week. Let's distract Jay.

I can start officially promoting a show that I have coming up at the end of the month. It's only $5 and we will be joined by my great friends in Lambs. I do not have anything official I can show you from my band, yet, So don't click here. We did record the other day. It was an interesting experience and it showed a lot of promise. We recorded at the Church of The Nazarene. If you remember anything about churches, it is that they are built to have some of the greatest acoustics in modern architecture. My kick drum sounded like a bomb and my snare, a shotgun. It was a great experience and a great way to spend an evening.

Summer at the old job has started. I'm constantly battling with schedule changes and vacation time. I think I'm just going to book off most of September and travel. Or at least spend a week bothering Luke(a) down in Toronto while I scratch her puppy's face all over. SO MUCH LOVE FOR PUPPY.

Speaking of which, my puppy got a shave.


It makes him look so small. I just want to pick him up and hold him. Too bad he is, in fact, still 150lbs and so full of squirms...


MUSIC?! Music.


Thank you again to my friend Nate for showing me deafheaven several weeks ago for me just to look into them now. It's exactly what I need this week and damn are they pretty. This is a sound I need to play around with more. I don't have to many friends into this kind of music, and I know less musicians who can play it. I mean, I would probably go a more Titan rout with the idea, but just that intense cascade of noise and sounds that lead to a painful end: I do consider this to be the most beautiful genre of music ever. Silly me, only ever buying it on vinyl so my car rides are stuck with artists like Bibio.

I think I might start posting the things that I write that aren't rants and opinons on another blog page. I have been working on a book of short stories and poems for the last couple of years, and I may just set up a blog to share what I have done so far.


OUT OF THINGS. Going to Skyrim.

No comments:

Post a Comment