Pages

Sunday 24 March 2013

3) Another week...

Well, this week was very long, very tiring, and full of new. This update will be short, but I'll try to keep it somewhat interesting.

First off, I have set myself a schedule of updating Wednesday and Sunday. Hopefully I can adhere to this schedule.


NOW FOR SOMETHING MORE INTERESTING!


Aphex Twin has been coming up a lot over the last month or so. My buddy Nate and I have been drooling over the vinyl rereleases of a good portion of Richard D. James and ...I Care Because You Do. I'm waiting patiently for Drukqs to be reissued even though I have this sneaking suspicion that it will never happen. Richard D. James is one of my heroes in music strictly because he does everything he wants to do and has been for a very long time. I will admit that I am not the hugest Electo fan and I am not well versed in all IDM, but I feel like few would disagree when I say he is one of the best in the genre. He has written a song based on a ball bouncing on a drum pad and has brought us some of the most disturbing music videos ever to be produced.



This has been a weird week around the store. It seems like Joy Division is making a huge resurgence (which is far from a bad thing). The idea of '80s Goth and Post Punk being asked about has me very excited. I have such a plethora of useless knowledge on the subject and it has been a very long time since I have been able to engage strangers and customers about music I actually care about. I think part of the blame should be directed towards the ever classic Depeche Mode. The new album is far from their best, but I have to admit that it was not as bad as I was afraid it was going to be. The first single is very boring and seems to go nowhere, however. It is great to see such an iconic and important band still releasing albums that don't suck. Nine Inch Nails also reviled a tour and new album for this year, so my new industrial itch is being soothed by good attempts and great news!

New Bowie came out this month to. Felt like I should mention it, seeing as it is in context.
He's done worse, and better. I say check it out and get back to me.

I should start making lists of releases that are notable for myself so I can streamline. I am sorry for all the rambly nonsense. So much has been coming up and there are so many albums that I'm just behind on. Grizzly Bear is such a band: I love Shields, but I feel like I really need to listen to more before I'm aloud to have any sort of opinion.

In (some sort of) conclusion; this is a weak update and I will make the next one better. Maybe I'll do something other than work 21 hours in 2 days and come up with something good for the next post.

1 comment:

  1. I really believe that Trent should redo Bowie's entire catalogue. I think that would be neat.

    ReplyDelete