Pages

Sunday 22 June 2014

Where I have been..

Hi there! It has been a very long time. How are you?

You may know, but I'm in a wheelchair for at least the time being. You may ask "isn't that a bitch?" To which my answer is yes, yes it is. I have been in hospital for eight months (since November} and I'm starting what I hope is my last stint tonight. I was in a coma for almost two months and most of January is fuzzy at best. In fact, I barley remember a large portion of Toronto. That isn't even where my story starts...

I spent some time at Cambridge Memorial, like maybe a week, then Brantford for a day, then Toronto. Apparently, I filled the ER with people, to which I say thank you to every person who showed up. I do not remember most of my early travels, but I do remember the Ripley's aquarium and having lots of visitors. I then went back to Cambridge and got lifted with a seat belt, had most of my IVs put in, changed rooms very often, and hated life.

Enough of that hell, I then went to Freeport. It was a lot better than what I was used to, plus it was a rehab. I started to get my voice back and, because of the chair I was in, I was able to wheel around the building. I got my first electric chair there, to which I had one of those for a few months. I was only at Freeport for a week and I was off to Hamilton (Hamilon, Hamilot). There, I regained my arms and most of my voice. I started walking with assistance, and I am, from the waist up anyway, very close to how I was.

So far, I have purchased K.F.O.'s (which is the proper way of saying leg braces) and a chair. The chair, ironically, is half the price of the braces. Thank someone for insurance and disability accounts. Without them, I could not afford a thing.


YOU ARE HERE FOR MUSIC


Just re-read my last few blogs for more information. I've been in a hole for almost a year.

Thanks for reading.
Book soon.
J

3 comments:

  1. It was pretty ridiculous (and in no way shocking) how many people were in the waiting room for your comatose face on those first two (dark times) visitation days.
    You can never again say people don't care, because believe you me, there were a helluva lot of ruined hearts there in tears of disbelief. Not only were all the chairs occupied, but much of the floor space as well. All of us waiting our turn to demand you wake up.
    And thank fuck you did, ya turd. Cause if not...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I know, you would have found a way to torture me after death

      Delete