Pages

Friday 9 August 2013

O' God, The Aftershow

SO. MUCH. PAIN.
But not as much as I was actually expecting.

Yesterday, Luka and I went to check out the summer slaughter tour. I will start this "review" with the statement that I am NOT a festival guy. Though I like the idea of paying one price to see several of my favourite bands, I get bored. Especially something like the Summers Laughter Tour where it starts loud and just stays loud for the entire time.
I will not be going too far in depth with talking about it. I will say that Cattle Decapitation, Norma Jean, Periphery, Animals as Leaders and The Dillinger Escape Plan make for an amazing tour just them alone. In fact, if I had known when they were playing, it would have been worth the $25 to show up when that lineup started. The first bunch of bands were a grab bag of not bad to really good. Norma Jean played it safe by spending most of the set playing "O' God, The Aftermath" and "Bless the Martyr & Kiss the Child." I am not complaining: it meant I was singing along during the only band I danced in the pit for. Dillinger played a good selection and I might have blown my voice screaming along with 43% Burnt. Periphery and Cattle Decapitation were the two bands I had never seen before that night that I was most excited for. Neither band disappointed, but I feel like I may be the only person around who DOESN'T CARE about Periphery's second album.

Animals as Leaders has changed their drummer since last I saw them. I quit music forever.


Seriously! It was not even fair to watch. It did not sound or even LOOK humanly possible. Fuck.

To anyone with Steam: Add me!
I say that because I now have a mouse that is pushing me to play more online games because Left 4 Dead. Yep. Also Borderlands 2.

I did mention how I have this week off, correct? I have nothing else to mention. I will try to have a full review or something awesome for next week. Maybe I'll do an 80's thing. That would be awesome.

Reminders: I am at this on Monday. Come say hi. The 'Rents are awesome.
I have a Twitter where I bitch about things. Usually boredom related.
The comment section is a great way to yell at me for something publicly. Please feel free to do so. If it is about my grammar, I know already. If it was financially viable, I would pay for an editor.

Special Thank you to Jacob and Nate for noticing spelling errors within the first fifteen minutes of launch. For that, they get this sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment