Pages

Sunday 21 April 2013

9) Long Time No See

Hi. I already took a week off.

What have I been doing? Well:



Yep. At it again. Recording stuff. It turned out ok, considering. Of course, the song itself won't be available for a good while still. We are still trying to figure out how to get the time to do the rest. It's been pretty interesting, and a lot of fun. I'm hoping to spend my Sunday doing another song. Maybe with more microphones. Probably not. If I get asked enough, I'll update and have a link around. In the mean time, I just can't be bothered to do that much uploading for all two or three people who might only care to look into it.
I actually had my first gig since November last night. It was at the Coreia household in Galt. What a way to spend 4/20! (A very sober 4/20 mind you. It's what I do best!)

Just to tease me, the Beat Goes On I manage got the three Record Store Day items I really wanted. The Cure - Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me, At The Drive-In - Relationship of Command, and a rare Pulp single on a 12". I'm not aloud to purchase them until Monday, but here is hoping they are still around. Kiss Me (etc.) has been the album I have wanted on vinyl since I first started collecting records in 2005: it is both my favorite Cure album and my favorite album from the '80s.

UPDATE :: The Cure was one of the first albums for me to sell on Saturday. The Pulp was there when I left and we have so many At The Drive-In releases right now, I'm not worried.

Until Monday, here is what I have picked up in the last few weeks:
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Push the Sky Away
Oh Nick Cave, how I love your ways with words and situations. This is actually my first Bad Seeds album I have picked up; I've always been a bigger Grinderman fan due to how ridiculous it is. This album is as beautiful and haunting as the picture on the front would lead you to believe.

Beastie Boys - Ill Communication
HardXCore, funk, jazz and hip-hop all at it's finest. Fuck yes I love this album. Plus Q-Tip!

Beach House - Teen Dream
Admittedly, I need to give this album another listen. It is far from bad, but I feel like I would have enjoyed it more if I had not heard the amazing Bloom first. I'll come back to this one...

Low - The Invisible Way
When I read that Low's sixteenth album was produced by Wilco's Jeff Tweedy, I was nervous. Though Wilco is not known for being happy and go-lucky, they are far more upbeat that Low has ever been. I can't tell if this album turned out so well because he is a huge Low fan, or if he just made sure the band stayed together though the making of, but this album turned out brilliantly. Still just as depressing as low should be! Plus my copy came with a disc of demo stuff. NEAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment